Building a New Home
Looking for someone to help guide you through the process of buying / building a new home? Including everything from identifying, qualifying, and selecting a builder, to locating the perfect lot on which to build your new home, and securing a construction loan or bridge financing. We can help with all of this while saving you thousands in the process AND ALL AT NO COST TO YOU! Give us a call today.
The allure of new construction is undeniable. You get to be the first to live in a pristine, new home, full of brand-new appliances and the finishes and treatments that you picked to fit your aesthetic. And you won’t have to worry about making any cosmetic or structural upgrades for years.
Whether you're looking to purchase a move-in ready inventory home, build with one of Columbus' production builders, or design and build a custom home... we can help!
How We Can Help
When it comes to new homes, some buyers regard real estate agents as non-essential expense. In reality, a buyer's agent will not only save you time and money, but the service we provide is paid by the builder at no cost you and thus there is no reason you shouldn't be working with a Realtor.
Furthermore, if you’re looking at new construction, you’re juggling a lot of considerations. Choosing the right builder, neighborhood, the right lot and floor plan, home features, and even the right lender. If you're looking to build a custom home add determining feasibility, determining if desired lots are suitable, and choosing an architect to design your dream home, All of these decisions can add up to a lot of uncertainty, leaving many home buyers feeling overwhelmed and out of their depth when it comes to finding a home.
Put Our Experience To Work For You
This is where our experience comes in. In addition to helping you make the decisions about where and what to buy, and negotiating your home purchase, we will educate and inform you, offer expertise and options that can streamline the home buying process, and on top of all of this, help you save money.
There are many factors that differ when building a new home from buying an existing home, and we pride ourselves in being leaders in the Columbus Area in selling new homes. Our group has sold hundreds of new homes over the years and we have working relationships with all of the areas top builders.
Columbus is a "one price town" when it comes to new construction. In other words, you don't get a better price on a new home if you don't have Realtor representation. Doesn't it make sense to have one of Columbus' most knowledgeable and new construction savvy Realtor® teams represent your interests when building your new home?
You will be introduced to areas, subdivisions, builders, contracts and warranties. We will make recommendations on what to include in your new home, both for your enjoyment and for the future resale value of your new home. When building... communication is key. Since it doesn't cost you any more to have us involved in your new build process, let us open and maintain the doors of communication! As your Realtor representing you with building a new home, we provide the following services:
- Narrow down and locate subdivision, lot, price, plat and/or topographic information to meet your needs and wants
- Review and provide deed restrictions for various subdivisions, counties, townships, etc.
- Provide experienced professionalism when assisting clients in choosing a home site and/or neighborhood
- Provide information and/or information sources for schools (public, private and religious), child care, churches, synagogues, recreation, shopping, etc.
- Show builder's spec and will build homes and resale properties, providing experience and background information regarding the contractors, neighborhoods, etc.
- Provide avenues with which to verify reputation and service aspects of the building companies and/or the appreciation of housing in the area
- Provide financing options (lot loans, constructions loans, end loans, bridge loans, loan assumptions, FHA and VA loans, whatever you need...we'll find!)
- Provide lender, attorney, inspector, mover and insurance agent names and phone numbers for Buyer to "interview"
- Assist with Lot purchase
- Write and negotiate purchase offer/contract on client's behalf.
- Assist in general and/or specific selections on home - make recommendations based on our experience in new home construction
- Timing your transactions to coordinate back to back sales
- Or if you're relocating to the area and need to locate temporary housing, gathering rental information
- Provide "trailing spouse" help for locating employment opportunities
- Handle all the title work coordination, inspections and closing procedures